When you hear about someone doing a 5k, do you think “I could never do that!” Well, as Henry Ford said, “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” So here are a few reasons to inspire you why you should do a 5k.
- Training for a 5k will help you get into a consistent fitness routine, walking and/or running three times a week.
- Knowing that you’re committed to doing a race is motivating; even if it’s partially by fear. You want to do your best, so you’re more likely to be dedicated to consistent training.
- We all know the numerous health benefits of being physically active, but here are a few reminders: help maintain a healthy weight, lower blood pressure, boost mood, increase metabolism, tone muscle, increase endurance, improve brain health, and more!
- When we challenge ourselves, we grow. Nothing compares to feeling of setting a goal, working towards it, and accomplishing it. The feeling is so exhilerating, that it can ignite a fire in you that will inspire you to set more goals and challenges.
- It’s fun and social. There is strength in numbers, so when you approach a new challenge with others, it doesn’t feel as daunting. You motivate each other through the tough times, and celebrate together the accomplishments.
- On top of all that, you’ll get a very cool race tee shirt that you can wear as the trophy for all of your hard work.
Are you inspired? Then join me for my 8 week 5k program, starting June 6th, to train for the Hot to Trot 5k in Upton. Details and registration here. Need more convincing or have questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Most of the time what limits us from accomplishing our dreams is our own fear and self doubt. As Dr. Susan Jeffers recommends, “Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway.” Go for it! You’ll never know, unless you try.